COVID-19 pandemic has affected every area of our lives and businesses. In this article, we will look at the field of HR, factors of influence, changes and key challenges in the field of personnel management.
The main question facing HR specialists is “How to maintain the functioning of the organization while ensuring the proper level of security for employees?”
To address this issue in a comprehensive manner, businesses should take into account the general characteristics and trends that have become central to the pandemic:
- The threat to the life and health of employees
- Growing public anxiety
- Restriction of movement
- The decline in economic activity
- Introduction of the emergency mode
Analysis of the impact of these factors on the business makes it possible to build a strategy for HR development in order to minimize the negative consequences of the crisis, and possibly gain competitive advantages.
Given the current state of the pandemic, we cannot exclude the cyclical nature of the process, and possibly new conditions to which we will have to adapt.
The human resources management sector, in its coordinated and operational work with other departments, must also take into account government, structural changes and recommendations during COVID-19.
In short, we can reduce the strategy to the following plan or checklist for the HR Department as:
1.Assessment of the impact from the pandemic.
- What impact will the virus have on employee engagement and brand?
- Will the current capacity of the communication system be sufficient?
- What is the vision of the new market situation?
- How ready are employees for the new organization of business processes?
2.Moving employees to remote work as far as possible and appropriate.
- Is it possible to control the movement of employees outside the office?
- Are there opportunities to help employees adapt?
3.Health protection procedure of employees
- Is the level of health insurance from the company sufficient?
- What is the payment strategy for quarantined employees?
- Availability of a crisis fund to help employees.
- How to help employees in the conditions of closing schools and preschool institutions?
4.Organization of work and technologies in new conditions KPI
- Calculations for remote workers
- Is the capacity of IT departments sufficient enough for the current situation?
- The security of the data.
5.Ensuring the sustainability of the organization’s work
- Is management ready for new processes?
- What can be quickly optimized?
- Key personnel
- Is it possible to quickly adjust the hiring of staff?
- Working with resources for the short and long term
The company’s experts are ready to carry out comprehensive and operational work to adapt the business to the pandemic, as well as analyze the strategy based on Your resources and capabilities.